Articles on this Page
- 07/16/18--16:10: _Looking to fill nic...
- 07/16/18--16:59: _Alutiiq ancestral o...
- 07/16/18--17:15: _Alaska senators fau...
- 07/16/18--18:52: _Alaska’s LNG projec...
- 07/16/18--19:02: _Alaska News Nightly...
- 07/16/18--19:11: _Iditarod adds four ...
- 07/17/18--12:23: _Inupiaq woman criti...
- 07/17/18--12:33: _Alaska National Gua...
- 07/17/18--12:51: _Usibelli Coal Mine ...
- 07/17/18--16:53: _Company considers K...
- 07/17/18--17:12: _End of an Era: Bloc...
- 07/17/18--18:20: _Senators have criti...
- 07/17/18--18:39: _Search suspended fo...
- 07/17/18--19:02: _Alaska News Nightly...
- 07/17/18--19:05: _Life sentence for A...
- 07/17/18--19:06: _Dalton Highway clos...
- 07/17/18--19:12: _Here’s how a planel...
- 07/18/18--13:28: _Construction on Ani...
- 07/18/18--13:34: _F/V Kristi sinks ne...
- 07/18/18--13:41: _Weather conditions ...
- 07/16/18--17:15: Alaska senators fault Trump for going easy on Putin
- 07/16/18--19:02: Alaska News Nightly: Monday, July 16, 2018
- 07/16/18--19:11: Iditarod adds four new board members amid criticism
- 07/17/18--12:33: Alaska National Guard turns over rural armories for public use
- 07/17/18--12:51: Usibelli Coal Mine celebrates 75 years in Healy
- 07/17/18--16:53: Company considers Kodiak for site of second launch pad
- 07/17/18--17:12: End of an Era: Blockbuster begins final inventory sales
- 07/17/18--18:20: Senators have criticized Trump. Now what?
- 07/17/18--18:39: Search suspended for cruise ship passenger missing in Glacier Bay
- 07/17/18--19:02: Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, July 17, 2018
- 07/17/18--19:06: Dalton Highway closures coming to avoid ‘frozen debris lobe’
- 07/18/18--13:28: Construction on Aniak’s new runway is underway
- 07/18/18--13:34: F/V Kristi sinks near Clark’s Point, all on board survive
For Alaskans trying to purchase the latest Air Jordans, or the styles they see in a Drake music video, there really aren't a lot of options. A young Anchorage entrepreneur is looking to change that. Listen now
A French museum, Musee Boulogne-Sur-Mer, will loan ancestral artifacts collected in the Kodiak Archipelago nearly 150 years ago to the Alutiiq Museum and Archaeological Repository in Kodiak where they will remain for five years.
Sens. Murkowski and Sullivan take issue with President Trump's Putin-friendly remarks in Helsinki Monday. Listen now
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission sent a letter to the state, requesting that it pay for a third-party contractor to help with federal review of the project. Listen now
Alaska senators fault Trump for going easy on Putin; Alaska’s LNG project looking for private contractor to help with federal permitting; Inupiaq woman criticizes use of her image in Dunleavy ad, campaign deletes footage; NTSB: The F/V Destination sank after accumulating ice in heavy freezing spray; Iditarod adds four new board members amid criticism; Alaska National Guard turns over rural armories for public use; Commercial company conducts rocket exercise at Kodiak launch facility; State's only coal mine celebrates 75th anniversary; When traditional banking isn't an option, try this out instead; Looking to fill niche and begin enterprise, Anchorage teen opens streetwear store Listen now
The move comes as a response to growing criticism of the race's leadership team. Listen now
Marjorie Tahbone said she became aware of the ad on social media when friends forwarded it to her. Listen now
The Alaska Army National Guard is handing over ownership of over 60 armories in rural communities, mostly to municipalities. Listen now
Usibelli Coal Mine is celebrating its 75th anniversary. The operation in Healy started by Emil Usibelli in 1943, run by his son and now by his grandson, is Alaska’s only operating coal mine. Listen now
A company that launches small satellites into orbit is considering Kodiak as the site of its second launch pad.
Inventory sales will continue at the two remaining Blockbusters in Anchorage and Fairbanks through August. Listen now
Beyond strongly worded statements and tweets, is there more Sens. Murkowski and Sullivan should do to show Trump they disapprove of his remarks in Helsinki? Listen now
An unidentified 69-year-old male passenger of Westerdam disappeared July 13 while the vessel was in Glacier Bay. Listen now
Senators have criticized Trump. Now what?; Alaska governor signs bill banning smoking in workplaces; Search suspended for cruise ship passenger missing in Glacier Bay; Panel deliberates complaint against lawmaker; Young has about $470K in hand toward Alaska re-election bid; Life sentence for Anchorage man in kidnapping, shooting of 2 brothers; Here’s how a planeload of salmon gets from Cook Inlet to customers in Anchorage; Construction on Aniak’s new runway is underway; Dalton Highway closures coming to avoid 'frozen debris lobe'; Alutiiq ancestral objects return home to Kodiak after nearly 150 years; End of an Era: Blockbuster begins final inventory sales Listen now
Matthew James Scharber, 36, pleaded guilty in December to kidnapping, carjacking and using a gun in the furtherance of a violent crime. Listen now
Construction closures are scheduled between miles 209 and 222. DOT says the highway will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on July 19, 22, 25, 28 and 31. Listen now
It’s been a tough start to Alaska’s fishing season this year. But now the sockeye run is heating up. We followed a single plane-load of sockeye – from its catch site across Cook Inlet to the backdoor of a downtown Anchorage restaurant. Listen now
The state Department of Transportation, contracting with Knik Construction, broke ground this past spring on the hub village of Aniak’s new runway, a project long in the making. Listen now
When the F/V Kristi lost power on Saturday in the Nushagak District, the tide pushed it between two much larger ships, where it lodged on a Yokohama fender. The Kristi sank, and the captain and crew escaped with seconds to spare. Listen now
A preliminary report by National Transportation Safety Board says the pilot in a non-fatal plane crash likely become disoriented after weather conditions worsened during a trip to Ketchikan. Listen now